Ease the stress of an on-the-road medical emergency, and be prepared with this essential first aid kit for your car.
You’re unlikely to have an emergency right outside a hospital, so you need to be prepared to administer a little first aid while you wait for help. Whether your kid gets a nasty cut during their rugby match or you find yourself dealing with a car accident, you can confidently handle the situation with this kit by your side.
- Lots of different size adhesive bandages and gauze, including triangular bandages for slings
- Adhesive tape
- Cotton wool pads
- Safety pins
- Antiseptic/ antibiotic cream
- Anti-bacterial wet wipes
- Saline solution for cleaning wounds and eyes
- Waterless hand sanitiser
- CPR mask and gloves for your own safety
- Simple first aid manual for easy reference
- Plastic bags to dispose of unhygienic items
Tailor medication to the needs of your family. Medication should be clearly marked and in a childproof container. If you have a young child, make sure you include medication that is safe for them to take. Remember to check expiration dates often, especially if you’re heading out on a long trip.
- Pain relievers
- Allergy medication
- Nausea medication
- Asthma pump
- REHIDRAT sachets
There can be confusion over how to treat a burn – never put butter, oil or grease on a burn! To make things easy, keep different size Burnshield dressings in your kit. Burnshield is easy to apply and it protects against infection, minimises skin damage and cools and soothes the skin.
A few useful extras include:
- Emergency blanket to keep in body heat for someone in shock
- Reflective warning triangles if you find yourself on the side of the road at night
Lastly, you’ll need a bag or container for your gear. Choose one that is sturdy and waterproof and that has lots of compartments or pockets. Make sure the pockets are see-through so that you have easy access to items and don’t waste precious time searching for a bandage.
Now that you know what you need for your car’s emergency kit, browse the RCS shopping network of over 21 000 stores, and swipe your RCS Card to stock up.