Funeral Plans incepted from July 2022
Choose a benefit level
Ranging from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on what suits your pocket.
Add your spouse
At an additional premium
Tailor your plan
Add up to 5 dependent children and up to 6 extended family members
Premiums can be conveniently billed to your RCS store card or you can pay by debit order
RCS offers a Funeral Plan that you can tailor to cover your family. Ensure that your funeral expenses are taken care of if you pass away and make sure your family is not under financial stress should you suffer a loss.
- Choose a benefit level that suits your pocket (ranging from R20,000 to R100,000)
- Add your spouse at an additional premium
- Add up to 5 dependent children at an additional premium (maximum death benefit of R20,000)
- Add up to 6 extended family members at an additional premium (choose a death benefit ranging from R10,000 to R30,000).
- Please note: Natural Death waiting period is 6 months and Unnatural Death (Suicide) waiting period is 12 months
Funeral Plans incepted prior to July 2022
- Funeral Cover (Natural Death) - R32,000 – 6 month waiting period
- Funeral Cover (Accidental Death) - R64,000 – no waiting period
- Funeral Cover (Unnatural Death - Suicide) - R32,000 - 12 month waiting period
Conveniently charged to your RCS Store Card or pay via debit order
Premium - R49 per month
Cover underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited, an authorized financial services provider (FSP76) and licensed life insurer.
View Policy Wording
How To Claim
To claim, complete the relevant form, attach the required documents, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will assess your claim as soon as possible and get in touch with you for you.
Funeral Plan Claim
Funeral Plan Claim
Funeral Plan Claim
You will need for following documents to claim:
- Completed and signed Claim Form
- Certified ID of deceased person
- Certified Death Certificate
- Notice of Death report (DHA1663)
- Certified ID of claimant/beneficiary
- Bank statement of beneficiary certified and not older than 3 months
- Accidental Death – police report
Send these documents to: email@example.com
Want To Know More?
Insurance - What is Customer Protection Insurance?
Customer Protection Insurance (CPI) is insurance that will provide the following cover:
- Death & Permanent Disability – covers the outstanding balance of your account;
- Loss of Income & Temporary Disability – covers up to 12 months’ instalments
Cover is underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited, an authorised financial services provider (FSP76) and a licensed life insurer and by 1Life Insurance Limited, an authorised financial services provider (FSP24769) and a licensed life insurer
Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
How do I apply for Customer Protection Insurance?
For your protection Customer Protection Insurance is offered where you have an approved store card and/or loan with RCS. You have the right to waive the Customer Protection Insurance offered by us and to substitute it with a policy of your own choice, which covers the same benefits and which policy must then be ceded to RCS with written directions as stated in the National Credit Act. Customer Protection Insurance is optional on all credit cards. For more information contact the insurance team on 0861 729 727, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover is underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited, an authorised financial services provider (FSP76) and a licensed life insurer.
Cover is underwritten by 1Life Insurance Limited, an authorized financial services provider (FSP24769) and a licensed life insurer.
If you have further queries, please contact RCS Insurance on 021 597 4000/0861 729 727 or email email@example.com.
How do I submit a claim?
Visit our How to Claim section, and follow the easy steps.
Have a question?
Send an email to
Contact RCS on
0861 729 727 or 021 597 4000