Make it an Easter to remember with a fresh spin on your usual egg hunts!
We’re pulling the rabbit out of the hat with these fabulous ideas. Gather all the goodies you need from your favourite RCS Shopping Network stores, swipe your RCS Card – you’ll get 55 days interest free on every purchase – and you’re good to go – and seek!
Still need an RCS Card? Apply now.
The egg hunt is the highlight of Easter weekend, and with a few clever tweaks, you can make it fresh, fun and new. Here are our favourite ways to delight the whole family.
SEVEN EGG HUNT IDEAS YOU HAVEN’T TRIED YET
- Make-believe. Add to the Easter mystery and excitement by leaving a note from the Easter bunny for your kids, along with gnawed carrots and even a few bits of “fur” that the bunny left behind while scurrying out the door!
Simply cut a small amount of fur off a plush toy, mix with a little sand, and sprinkle around a plate of chomped carrots. Your kids will be wide-eyed when they discover that the Easter bunny left evidence of a visit. You’ll find a wide range of plush toys at Checkers stores across South Africa, from R39.99 – and plenty of fresh carrots!
- Grow eggs on trees. Fill plastic eggs with treats then wrap them up like sweeties, tying the ends closed. You’ll find all the craft supplies you need at your nearest CNA – plus they also stock a wide range of sweets, chocolates and Easter treats. Once they’re all wrapped up, hang the eggs from trees at varying heights – perfect for kids of all ages. Simply pull, pop and collect treats!
- Search by night. Shake things up with a delightful night-time egg hunt. There are two ways you can do it: either fill plastic Easter eggs with an assortment of treats, sweets and chocolates, then spray-paint them with Rustoleum Glow In The Dark Spray (R218, Builders). Hide them all over your home and garden, then hit the lights and let the fun begin! You can also skip the spray paint and arm each child with a torch instead (from R46.95, Clicks).
- Sugar for your honey. Surprise your partner with a carat of a different kind this Easter. If you’re contemplating popping the question over the Easter holidays, you’ll find the ring of her dreams at American Swiss, where there are pieces for every budget, starting from R2 499.
- Choco-LOT! Don’t want to skimp on quality chocolate? You don’t have to if you have an RCS Card in your wallet. You’ll find some of the best prices on Easter eggs, sweets and luxury treats at Checkers, where you can swipe your card and stock up on chocolatey happiness for the holidays. Alternatively, buy in bulk at Makro, where you can stock up on marshmallow eggs, surprise chocolate eggs, Mister Sweet speckled eggs and more, from R66.90. Remember to look out for Easter specials!
- Skip the sweet stuff. Keeping your kids sugar free? Swap the choccies for Hatchimals puzzle eggs (R119, Makro), and keep them busy long after the hunt has ended. For a longer or more advanced hunt for older kids, split the puzzle pieces between eggs and keep them hunting until they’ve found all the pieces.
- Get smarter for older kids. Planning a hunt for pre-teens who are too cool for regular hunts? Create clever riddles to send your kids from pillar to post (box) in search of their eggs. Up the ante even more by turning it into a race with a great prize up for grabs, like cool cellphone accessories from Superbalist (from R69) or a sparkly piece of jewellery from Accessorize (from R149). Even pre-teens can’t say no to an incentive!
TREAT THE FAMILY WITH YOUR RCS CARD
Easter is such a special time, so don’t skimp on the fun. Apply for your RCS Card, then stock up on treats, toys, and a stunning splurge or two for your loved ones. Did you know that you get up to 55 days interest free on every purchase? You can also apply for a cash advance on your RCS Card, simply by calling 0861 729 727. Do it now, and make this Easter an egg-stra special one to remember!
*Prices were correct at time of publication, but are subject to change.